Welcome to AMIKAS
Fukuoka City Gender Equality Promotion Center AMIKAS was founded in 1988 as a resource center for the citizens of Fukuoka City. In order to promote the formation of a gender-equal society, we provide a variety of services as outlined below.
AMIKAS is located next to Takamiya Station on the Nishitetsu-Tenjin Omuta line.
Mondays to Saturdays: 9:30am-9:30pm
Sundays and Public Holidays: 9:30am-5:00pm
Every second and last Tuesdays
Open Lectures and Seminars
AMIKAS offers lectures and seminars on gender equality, self-reliance, and women’s empowerment.
(AMIKAS nursery service is available for participants with children aged six months to pre-school).
AMIKAS offers telephone and personal counseling services by professional counselors (in Japanese only).
Research and Survey
AMIKAS conducts research and surveys on women and gender issues.
AMIKAS Library holds books, videos, and magazines that deal specifically with women and gender issues.
1. AMIKAS provides information on groups and individuals who specialize in women
and gender issues.
2. AMIKAS issues a quarterly newsletter named AMIKAS and a monthly e-mail
3. AMIKAS provides information on women and gender issues.
Support for Local Communities
1. AMIKAS provides support for local communities in holding seminars and lectures
on gender equality.
2. AMIKAS sends staff trained in gender equality issues to hold lectures in order to
foster people’s awareness of gender equality in the community.
Support for Civil Groups
AMIKAS helps civil groups that organize lectures, seminars, and research promoting gender equality, by providing some financial assistance.
2. Research and surveys
3. International exchange network and research
4. Exhibitions and presentations
Rooms are available to the public at a low cost.
Multi-purpose hall (seats 304), two fitness rooms
One music room, five study rooms
One audio-visual room, one cooking room
Two Japanese style rooms, one craft room